The real world is here... for the imagination go there Figments of Imagination

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Flooded Kolkata Streets

It rained and rained from yesterday. It rained again in the morning. It rained through afternoon and finally stopped in the evening. I thought it would be nice to go out and have a pleasant evening walk since the rain has cooled down the late summer heat of Kolkata. But it was a mistake!

Those who live in this city or know it's news, they are well aware that the City of Joy, turns into Venice of the East during the heavy showers of the monsoon.Well here is a video that I captured in my cellphone when I went out in the evening. I managed it since the water level was quite low at these places! In the deeper level, I could hardly manage myself!



It's pouring down still as I upload this video. Unfortunately I live in the ground floor :( That's a big worry for me if it rains and rains, water will flood my rooms !! :p
Only God can save me now. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Why are people trying to walk on the road when there is a footpath available ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is fun to walk on the water, remember when you were a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when kids we didn't bother about the drain water, but now we do :P

    ReplyDelete

Write what u think